Sunday, October 25, 2015

More Mondrian Madness

I have been overtaken by Mondrian Madness, which is an illness that happens when you can't stop making different versions of Yves Saint Laurent's Mondrian dresses. Who knew that haute couture was so dangerous?


I challenged myself to make three of the dresses from the Mondrian collection. I believe there were six dresses in the collection.

This was the first one I made. It is the most iconic dress in the collection. I made two of this version.
If you missed my first post about the Mondrian dresses, which features this dress, you can find it here.

The next one I made had the best photo references. The ever-wonderful Victoria and Albert Museum owns one of these dresses, and it has pictures on the Internet of the dress from all 360 degrees. Fantastic!


This dress did not turn out to be my favorite. The black ring around the neck, although accurate  to the original dress, emphasizes the short necks of American Girl dolls. It looks better on Addy than on the first doll I put it on.

On the next one, I did not find any references for what it looked like from the back. I guessed, based on the back of the dress above. If anyone has pictures of what the back looks like, I would probably make another version if this is incorrect.



With four matching doll dresses, I could not resist the temptation to take lots of group pictures. 
I love how these turned out!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...