Again, I am getting back into sewing.
I wanted to do a new-to-me pattern, but one that is not too difficult, and one that has sleeves.
I made About a Doll 18 Flour Sack Frock.
It only has short sleeves, but at least it is not sleeveless. It wouldn't be too hard to add longer sleeves.
I know, you can tell that I didn't iron this time.
I really didn't care, I just wanted to sew something and sew something fast.
This isn't my favorite pattern. I don't know what it is. The dress actually fits fine in person, to my eye it just somehow looks a little clunky and ill-fitting. Maybe I am just too picky.
Of course the bodice is actually kind of bulky. It has four layers of fabric overlapping at some points.
That seems like a lot.
I also wish that the pattern piece for the sleeves specified that you are supposed to gather them at the top. There are dots showing you where to gather between, but I would like a three word note that said "Gather between dots." It would save me from having to read the instructions.
Kit is happy to have a new dress!