I made a pattern that I have had in mind for a while: Simplicity 1244 by the Dollies' Dressmaker.
It took me a longer than I expected.
I like this dress, it's adorable. I just felt like the pattern was made more complicated than it needed to be.
In particular, I felt that the lining was more complicated than in needed to be. It would make more sense to me for the lining to be just an inch or so longer so that it runs the whole length of the bodice and you could sew it in with the skirt. This way loses a tiny bit of bulk, but I feel, not enough to be significant. I may change it the next time I sew it.
I also kept putting the sewing off once I had the bodice nearly finished, because I did not feel like sewing the sash. I may start leaving the sash off of some patterns. They are adorable, but I am not enjoying sewing them at the moment.
This is, to my mind, a perfect Maryellen dress. Anneliese stands in for Maryellen as the model. She has the exact same coloring as Maryellen, and I like her hairdo more. She is also a bit of a time traveler, so it works out. Her primary time period is in the 1930s with Kit. She is my Kit's best friend, instead of Ruthie.
I did the same dress in yellow twice, with different insets in the bodice. This one has a science-y green inset with planets and shooting stars. The print is a little large for AG dolls, but I felt that it works, especially since it does not compose the entire dress.
I would rate this pattern "adorable, but more complicated than expected."