Sunday, September 18, 2016

Addy's Wardrobe: Undergarments

I love historical doll underwear. It's really fascinating to me. I was so excited when leewesvic helped me get Addy's Crinoline and Chemise!


This is the underwear that Addy comes with. It's basically a pair of pantalettes and stockings.



This is the shift that comes with her Crinoline and Chemise set. So I guess you can call it a chemise. ;)

It's a nice basic underdress.


Here is her crinoline. I am so glad I don't have to sew all those ruffles. I kind of wonder if the ruffles were typically on crinolines, because that would be a lot of work.

The crinoline ties on. This surprised me, because AG usually seems to avoid tie closures.

I also found that you cannot put the crinoline on the doll and then put the dress on over it.
You have to put the dress on, and the lift up the skirt and tie the crinoline under it. It's silly to be annoyed by this, but it's not the way a human would get dressed.

Note to self: dolls are not human, get over it.

Here is Addy's meet dress with the crinoline and chemise on underneath. I don't think she would wear the crinoline with every dress. It'd be more for special occasions. I had to pull the crinoline up higher so that it did not show under her dress.

The crinoline really makes the skirt stand out and look special. I look forward to using it with other clothes in her wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...