Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Memories

I have had some family members die this year who were very dear to me.

Luckily, I have some physical reminders of them that have always been special to me.

My great-aunt Ella Mae decorated this cradle for me. I believe that her son, who traveled a lot for work, bought the cradle at an Amish community. 
Ella Mae decorated the cradle with lace and ribbon and made a satin cushion that fit inside.

I know that she never had enough money to buy as many craft supplies as she wanted, so this is a very precious symbol of love.



My great-uncle Sidney fought in the army in WWII. He earned a Purple Heart.
He was also a deeply sweet man who fashioned this wooden carousel horse for me, and even painted it my favorite color.

These tokens of love have a special place in my collection and in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Doll Stella

 I recently bought several Red Ruby Fashion dolls due to a recent sale. I have always thought that these dolls were very pretty. The high pr...