Friday, October 22, 2021

Madame Alexander Portrettes Colleen

 I found this Madame Alexander doll at the thrift store for $1.99.



This was really a steal. They usually put Madame Alexanders into the glass case and charge $14.99 for them.

This doll is named Colleen and she is from the Portrettes series in 1988. She is a Cisette doll and is 9.5 inches tall.

It appears to me that this series wore fashions meant to evoke historical fashions. I don't think that this dress represents one particular decade, though. It's like a 1830-ish ball gown seen through the lens of 1980s fashion. The blue eyeshadow is also very 80s.

She is missing a stocking and a shoe, and there is a dab of glue in her hair where it looks like there was some kind of ornament.

Overall, she's in good condition.

I was happy to find her!

1 comment:

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...