Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Pattern Review: KDD Nautical Pleats

 I made the Keeper Dolly Duds Nautical Pleats pattern. I was already planning a different 1920s sailor dress when this pattern was released, but this is the one I made first.

I have to admit, it took me months to finish this one. I made the top, and pleated half the skirt, and took a break. I left the half-pleated skirt under some cookbooks for the pleats to get really set in.

Then the whole project sat all summer. Finally, I finished the other half of the pleats, couldn't find the top, panicked, found it again, and finally finished it.

I still haven't added the bow on the front. I am just going to make it out of ribbon. That's one reason why I went with blue and white. Also I just like the classic look.

I am still not totally happy with the pleats, but I was using a very slippery fabric that I got at a yard sale. I am not even sure what it is. Presumably this might work better in cotton.


I want to make one of these for Claudie, anyway. This dress is for Phryne Valancy. Claudie will probably get to try it on, though.

So hopefully next time will go better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...