Friday, November 24, 2017

Felicity's New Outfit

The final outfit that I got at during the American Girl sale is Felicity's new meet outfit.

I have mixed feelings about it.

First of all, it is gorgeous. Oh, it is so gorgeous. I love it. I love the fabric and the color combination.


I have also been told that the bum roll is more historically accurate to her time period, so that is a plus.

I need to make a bum roll to go with the dress, but here you can see how there is fabric in the back of the dress to accommodate a bum roll.

And here is a rear view of the dress.


On the other hand, I am not sure what this dress is supposed to be in Felicity's wardrobe.
It's a fancy dress. Super fancy.
Wear it to the governor's ball fancy.

So is this supposed to be an everyday dress or a replacement for Felicity's ball gown?

I really liked it when AG made everyday historical clothing or even work clothing.
Felicity's rose dress that she originally came with looked like an every day dress. This does not.

I am sad that it is one piece. I am sure that this is cheaper to make and easier on the mothers of girls.
However, I loved that Felicity's ball gown came in two pieces and how that was historically accurate.

Thirdly, I wish that Felicity came with at least a shift under her gown and that you did not not have to buy that separately. That's just sad.

.....

On another note, this is not my Felicity in this picture. This is Astrid, my American Girl doll 61.

My Felicity is a chubby first run Pleasant Company doll from 1992. There is no way this dress could fit her. It was skin tight on Astrid.

I am thinking that Astrid can step in for Nan every now and then in this dress. I should take some pictures of the two of them together.

Still, this dress is so lovely that I had to buy it knowing that it would not fit my Felicity. That is some good design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy

 So when I set myself the goal of sewing ALL of the Keepers Dolly Duds patterns, I was not very enthusiastic about making the patterns for t...