Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Quilt-a-long completed!

I started working on the quilt-a-long from American Girl Collectors over two years ago. I am pleased to share that I finally finished the quilts!


I made two of each block so that I would have two quilts at the end.

For most of the blocks, I reversed the colors on the patterns, or at least switched them around.

It was fun to see how different the blocks looked, even with the same fabric, by changing the colors to different positions.

As you can see, I also reversed the colors on the borders.

I also used different block layouts for each quilt, just to shake things up some more.

I also learned a lot about precision in making these quilt blocks. This is always important in quilting, but more so when you are using such tiny pieces!

This was a great project and I am so happy to finally have finished the quilts. I was so afraid I would lose the pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Rising Star

 I loved the  Keepers Dolly Duds Rising Star  pattern as soon as it was released!  I was a big fan of Shirley Temple as a little girl. I was...