Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Thrift Store Finds: Madame Alexander dolls

I had some luck at the thrift store this weekend.

I went to check for AG stuff.

I did not find any.

Well, I did get Felicity's Story Collection, which turned out to be a hardbound collection of her books, with the illustrations.

My big find was that they had multiple Madame Alexander dolls in the locked case.

I remember very well drooling over these in the toy store.

Add in that I was not feeling very well, which made me feel I deserved a pick-me-up, and I got two Madame Alexander dolls of my very own.


There are Party Dress Wendy and Alice in Wonderland.

Party Dress Wendy is my favorite. I am renaming her Sherrie.

I love her short, dark, hair, and her totally unrealistic freckles.

It surprises me every time that she has blue eyes. I keep expecting them to be brown.

She has a very sweet but serious facial expression.

I got Alice because I love the book.

She complements Party Dress Wendy very well, with the different colored dress and hair.

However, Alice's eyes look upwards, giving her a more sulky expression.
She looks like she is rolling her eyes.

I do not like her underwear. It is well made, but she has a very long petticoat that peeks out from under her dress and pantaloons that go down to her ankles, hiding her striped stockings.
In my opinion, both of these apparel items are too long.

It makes me think of clowns. I like clowns, but not in connection with Alice in Wonderland.

I decided to take the pantaloons and petticoat off and store them, along with the doll wrist tags.

I think she looks better without them!

On a side note, this is why I don't like too much elastic in doll clothes. This doll is only ten years old, but the elastic on the petticoat already was giving up the ghost.


You still can't see her stocking in this picture, but they are there.

I am very happy with these dolls and slept with them on my beside table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...