This time I made the coat!
It is definitely getting chillier, and dolls need to stay warm too.
Kit is the model today because her short hair lets you see the collar of the coat.
I am actually not totally sure what kind of fabric I used for the outer part of the coat. I think it's probably fleece. I got it from a free pile of scraps at my work, so the price was right, and it looked appropriate for a coat. I added interfacing to the back of it, which was probably not necessary. I used cotton for the lining.
This pattern was quite easy to follow and make. I didn't even read the directions all the way through.
Have I mentioned how much I hate reading directions for sewing? A lot.
I changed the pattern a bit, as usual. In this case, I omitted a short pleated skirt which was meant to be added below the section of the coat that you see pictured. I did not think that the fleece was going to hold a pleat. The coat looks long enough to me as is.
Here is the lining. The dark blue pieces that you see were meant to be in the same fabric as the outside of the coat. I didn't follow directions because I thought it would add too much bulk to the coat.
Here is the coat from the back.
I sewed all the braid on by hand while watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on Netflix. I love that show. The books by Kerry Greenwood are even better.
And here is another view of the finished coat! I really like it. It is both warm and gorgeous. Several of my coworkers want one in their size and I am completely in agreement.
This coat is also going to be added to the wardrobe of my friend's daughter's Rebecca. That's one lucky doll!