This is Keeper's Dolly Duds 1930s Frock, and it is beautiful.
My brain is currently just overflowing with ideas for the many different combinations of color and fabric that I can use with this pattern.
I think that the dresses are just too lovely.
Nethilia of American Girl Outsider recently used this pattern also. You can see her version here.
I did two of the dresses with different fabric for the bodice and skirt because I felt that this emphasized the lovely scallops at the bottom of the bodice. If I am going to do all this extra work to create scallops, I want them to be clearly visible.
The third dress, the yellow one, has white stripes on top of the yellow. They are not very visible. I decided to have the stripes on the skirt going in one direction, and the stripes on the scalloped bodice going in the opposite direction. I thought that this would help the scallops stand out a bit.
I hope that this strategy succeeded, and does not look like I made a mistake. It's hard for me to tell. After all, I know it was intentional.
The downside to this pattern was that I felt, at first, that the directions sort of skipped a bit and took for granted that you had a certain level of experience as a sewer. I just went ahead and did what I usually do, which is sewing things together without paying too much attention to the directions.
Upon re-reading the directions, I feel that I might have been wrong about this. I am so bad at reading pattern instructions that it is difficult for me to judge how well they are written.
I always feel that I have created something really nice when I complete a Keeper's Dolly Duds pattern, and I am really happy with these dresses.
I am also really, really pleased with the lovely pictures I got of the girls wearing the dresses!