Saturday, November 18, 2017

Maryellen's Poodle Skirt

Another purchase in the recent American Girl doll clothes sale was Maryellen's poodle skirt.

This is not my favorite outfit of hers. I mainly wanted the saddle shoes. It made a lot more sense to buy an outfit just for the shoes when it cost $15 instead of $36.


Anneliese is my stand-in for Maryellen because she also has strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes.

 It's a pretty outfit and it comes with a lot of pieces. It includes the blouse, skirt, scarf, socks and saddle shoes.

The shoes were very tight on Anneliese and pushed her socks up. I had to straighten the socks after putting the shoes on.

Anneliese's hair is too short to tie the scarf around a ponytail, and it is too small to tie it around her head.

When I tried putting the scarf around her neck, it looked as if she had no neck.


Here, by way of comparison, is Violet wearing the poodle skirt outfit I made.




I like mine better. Obviously, my applique looks a lot worse, because I was ten when I made this poodle skirt. But I like the colors better and it has sentimental value.


Now I have two poodle skirts, the girls can go to the sock hop together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...