Thursday, July 14, 2016

Dolly First Aid

What do you do when your photo session goes wrong?


Right after I took this picture, Laura fell in the creek, face forward.



It was a hot summer day, and she wanted to go swimming. I don't blame her.

(She blames me for putting that shawl on her in the middle of summer.)

Yeah, I should have been more careful, but I have successfully taken a lot of pictures at this site without any problems.

So here is what I did:

I dried her face off as best I could on my T-shirt. I went home immediately, and took her clothes off.

I them took her head off.

I unstuffed the body to let the cloth body and stuffing dry out.

I used a hair dryer on her eyes from a variety of angles, opening and closing the eyes.

A drop of water came shooting out of one eye- it looked like she was crying. No wonder, because she looked like the Scarecrow after the Wicked Witch of the West got hold of him.

I let her hair air dry. Then I did a second course on her eyes with the hair dryer after about twenty minutes. The only reason I had for doing that is because it's what I have to do on my own hair to make it dry, ha ha.

The next day, I put her back together, and voila!


She looks perfect.

Of course, I was really, really lucky. I hope that everyone reading this blog never has a doll fall in the water. (I'm looking at you, Penny!)

Still, it doesn't hurt to have some idea of dolly first aid that can help in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...