Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Removing Toe Nail Polish from Dolls

So the next step that I needed in fixing up my garage sale finds, Kaya and Julie, was removing the nail polish from their toes.

For this, I needed two items: a toothbrush and non-acetone nail polish remover.

It was a simple procedure: I took off their clothes and scrubbed the toes with nail polish remover, using the toothbrush.



Here is Julie's "before" picture.

This is "in-progress:" taking the picture helped me notice the spots I missed.

And here is the "after" picture!


Here is Kaya's "before" picture.

And here is her "after" picture!

When I was done, I washed their feet with soap and water, just to be careful.
Non-acetone nail polish is not supposed to hurt the vinyl, but I didn't want to take chances by leaving it on the vinyl any longer than needed.

This was super, super easy and I am very pleased with the results!

2 comments:

  1. That came off much more cleanly than I'd have worried - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am also amazed at how well it came out!

      Delete

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...