Saturday, April 15, 2017

Felicity's Wardrobe: Laced Jacket and Petticoat

Felicity is my childhood doll. She was a gift from Santa. I collected most of her wardrobe that was available in the 1990s by babysitting and saving up. The only thing that I did not get was her breeches. I do regret that now, but at the time I only cared about her dresses.

Since all of her wardrobe that I own is now retired, I decided that I desperately needed to take pictures of her wearing her various dresses and share the pictures with my readers.

I am starting off with her school dress. This outfit is officially known as the Laced Jacket and Petticoat.




As a kid, I considered this dress elegant but not beautiful. I think this was because of the color scheme. As I have grown older, I have learned to appreciate the rich colors and consider it both elegant and beautiful.


 I thought that it was an important dress to own because of its importance in Felicity's story.
She wears the dress to school, where she meets her best friend Elizabeth. I was very fond of shy, brunette Elizabeth Cole.

Brunette, you say? Yes, in the original illustrations, Elizabeth is brunette. That is my favorite version of her.

 This is an attempt to show you some of the details of the dress. The skirt closes with two tabs of velcro, one on each side of the skirt. This allows openings for Felicity's pocket.

The skirt has some beautiful detail in the weave of the fabric.


This is a look at the back of the jacket. I am not sure what to call the detail at the back- it's not exactly a ruffle. But it is a beautiful detail.

This is not my favorite dress to take on and off. It is a pain to unlace the lace on the front of the jacket. You have to completely remove the lace to take the jacket on and off.

These first pictures are with Felicity wearing her hoops under her skirt. She should really only wear her hoops for formal occasions. However, in order to keep the hoops from getting lost or damaged, I keep them on her most of the time.


Here is the dress again without her hoops on underneath. I think the skirt looks nicer without her hoops on.

Do you prefer the dress with or without hoops?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Doll Stella

 I recently bought several Red Ruby Fashion dolls due to a recent sale. I have always thought that these dolls were very pretty. The high pr...