Saturday, October 13, 2018

Wednesday Addams Dress

Happy October 13th!

When thinking about making Halloween costumes, Wednesday Addams was one of the first things that jumped to my mind.


It turns out that the Addams Family TV show started in 1964, so it makes a perfect costume for Melody!

I used two Keepers Dolly Duds patterns for this dress.



I used the Simplicity 8314 pattern for the main dress and the Supplemental Collar pattern for the collar.

I did lengthen the pattern piece for the sleeves and make my own pattern for the cuffs.

I am getting more confident at altering doll clothes patterns!


To be exactly like the 1964 Wednesday Addams dress, I need to add a row of buttons down the front of the dress.

I don't have any on hand, so I left them off for now.

I think it's a cute and easy Halloween costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...