I made the pattern Lyric by All Dolled Up, currently called AllDolledUpbyTerrie on etsy.
I wanted to make Valentine's Day dresses for my little cousins, who have Kit and Ruthie.
I didn't have time to search for 1930s appropriate fabric, but I thought it would still be cute to use modern fabric and sew it into a 1930s appropriate dress.
I think the resulting dresses are very cute!
They have the same main fabric. The secondary fabrics are actually different, but close enough to look the same in a picture.
I had a few problems with this pattern. The pattern piece for the sleeve band was too short, and the front of the dress was longer than the back of the dress.
I was able to deal with these issues, and I am so happy to have made these cute dresses!
The pattern maker says that this is based on a dress that she wore in the 1960s, so I would like to make a different version of this dress for Melody some day.