Friday, February 12, 2021

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds 1914 Pleated Frock

 I wanted to make a Valentine's Day Dress for my younger cousin who has Samantha.

I decided to go ahead and use fabric with a modern print and the Keepers Dolly Duds 1914 Pleated Frock pattern.

Only- the irony- I didn't pleat the skirt. Ha.

I felt that pleating the skirt would be more work for me AND it would be hard to expect an eight year old to keep that pleated skirt pristine.


I like the dress anyway, pleated skirt or no pleated skirt. It looks elegant and complicated.

The pattern went together easily, and I am very pleased with it.

I'm sure that my cousin will like it too.

I am also glad that I did make the pattern and found a way to make it less intimidated for me. 

If I make this pattern for my Samantha, it will have a pleated skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the  Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern  and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig....