Saturday, August 19, 2017

Bad Doll Dress Purchase

My mom and I were driving in Illinois about ten years ago, and we stopped in Aurora, Illinois. 

Aurora is the home and Raggedy Ann and Andy. I am not really a Raggedy An fan, but why not.

We visited several shops, and one shop had these Amish inspired doll dresses.


It was only $10. I was not actively collecting at the time, but it was there, and I was impressed by the price tag.

I think I was thinking that maybe Kirsten could wear all or part of it.

Also, my mom sort of supported me getting it, which is opposite of her usual policy, so I got it.

Reader, I regret this.

This is the first time I have put it on a doll. It's been collecting dust for ten years.

It does not fit at all. The sleeves and skirt are too long, and the waist is too wide.

There is a huge gap of fabric on the bonnet that is not sewed shut at all.

But I am also older and more mature, and I now think it is icky to have doll clothes that are based on someone's religion.

Sooo, I have no idea what I am going to do with this monstrosity, but you won't be seeing it featured here ever again, unless it's to make a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the  Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern  and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig....