Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig.

I also made the Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim pattern and made it into a female version of the Tracht costume originally worn in Braunschweig.



I am going to post the caveat again that no one dresses like this anymore! It's a historical costume.

This is actually not the first time that I sewed a version of the Braunschweig Tracht, but it's the first time that I have made it in American Girl size.

I made a Wellie Wisher sized version before, using the Keeper's Dolly Duds Spring Dirndl pattern for Wellie Wishers. You can read that post here.



So there are multiple options for sewing your own traditional German's girl outfit.

The Pretty Pilgrim pattern has a lot of pieces. I made a chemise, a neck ruffle, waistcoat, apron and petticoat.

I did not make the coif, because the headwear that goes with the German Tracht is more like a pillbox.


I think that the end result is adorable, and I love it!



My German boy and girl look really cute together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...