I didn't get any pictures of this pattern in progress, but it was much more complicated than I expected.
It is fully lines and all edges are finished. It really feels and looks like a high quality jacket.
In order to do this pattern justice, I used high-quality fabric, too. In fact, I cut up one f my dress pants that had a rip. Much better than throwing it away!
The pattern used more fabric than I expected- it used fully one pants leg's worth of fabric. That seems like a lot for such a small jacket!
Since the fabric I was working with was so thick, I left off the little tabs on the sleeve cuffs. I had a feeling that they would not lay correctly. The jacket is adorable either way.
In any case, I have trouble finding buttons that I feel are the right scale for AG dolls.
The fabric pieces fit well together, with the exception of the inner top of the jacket lining, which was too wide, although the bottom of the lining fit fine. I added an extra dart at the top of the inner lining to make it fit.
I really like the use of a second fabric for the lining. It adds a touch of whimsy or elegance, depending on which fabric you choose. I chose a purple 1930s repro. I think it is fun.
It fits the doll so well that I don't feel a need to add velcro on the front. It stays put all on its own.
I would recommend this pattern, as long as you have some sewing experience. This is definitely not a pattern for beginners!
It looks very sophisticated on Saige, paired with a simple sundress.