Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween Doll Quilts

I couldn't post this before the recipient received it. I didn't want to ruin the surprise!
(I hate waiting for my sewing projects to get safely through the mail. I worry every time.)

I made these Halloween doll quilts as a surprise for Zelda at American Girl Collectors.

First I made this very colorful quilt:


It turned out much, much brighter and busier than I expected. I had laid out the pieces in several different possible combinations, but somehow this was much more overwhelming when sewn together.

So since I still had some fabric left, I made this black and white one:


Now that's more like it.

Close up:



Zelda was happy to get the quilts and posted some adorable pictures of her Kailey with the quilts.



And Kailey immediately snuggled up and went to sleep. Note the matching hair ribbon!


Hee. That makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday Rapunzel Dresses

 Today is my friend's birthday. One of her favorite dolls is her Disney Animators Rapunzel. I used a  Requiem Art Designs pattern  to ma...