Friday, January 20, 2017

Vintage Doll- Bouncin' Baby

Bouncin' Babies were (was?) a doll line in the 80s and early 90s. 

I am going to date myself here, but I got this doll in 1991.



I call her Rachel! The Bouncin' Babies were battery operated. They could do different things , like crawl. Rachel can move her head. This is activated by removing her pacifier.

You can see a commercial, which includes a doll like Rachel, here! It seems that her clothes have faded a bit over the years.


Rachel came with a lot of furniture as well. This included a bassinet, a walker and a rocking horse. I have all of them, I think, but I didn't find all of them for this post.


I still think she is adorable! Unfortunately, I left the battery inside her and it corroded. This is so stupid, because I had another battery-operated doll and I knew better.

She is about 8 inches long. Pretty small. The doll in the commercial looks bigger, even considering how little the little girl is.

Rachel has hard plastic limbs, but they are loosely attached to the body and can flop around. They can go into nearly any pose, but don't necessarily stay that way. Overall, her body is kind of cuddly, considering that her actual body is mostly battery pack. I wouldn't have liked the crawling doll with the hard, unposeable limbs nearly as much.

And yes, she has purple eyes! Very 90s.

I hope you enjoyed this look at the beginnings of my life-long doll obsession!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AG Trading Cards: Meet Molly

Molly practices dance moves with Susan and Linda while wearing a hula skirt. The back of the card says: Molly's mother he...