Sunday, May 30, 2021

Nancy Ann Storybook Dolls

 I was lucky to find these Nancy Ann Storybook dolls at the thrift store.


These dolls are five inches doll. Mine are bisque; some of them are made of plastic instead.


I took this picture with mini Nanea to show the scale.

These dolls were made from 1936-1965, so the size and their age makes them perfect to be dolls for Nanea or Maryellen.

Their faces were hand painted to give them character. I like to think about how I am holding something that someone made over 50 years ago.

You can read more about their history here.

Their arms can move up and down. The rest of the bodies, including the head, torso and legs, are all one piece.

The heads are slightly tilted forwards, which annoys me that they look down and not straight ahead.

They look really cute with Nanea!

Their shoes are painted on. The dresses are a lot longer than their feet, which strikes me as very impractical. Even if they are dolls.


I have to be careful posing them with Nanea, because they are breakable.

They look cute with her, though.

I think I might name them Lily and Donna after her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...