Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Coat Essential Pattern

 I recently made the Keeper's Dolly Duds Coat Essentials pattern.

I wanted to make coats for my little cousins' dolls.


I try very hard not to make identical items for the sisters, so they can't fight over whose is whose.
So I made the same coat pattern in red and green.



My favorite part of the pattern is the pockets, which are elegantly stitched into the seams. They are so cute! Every doll needs pockets.

It's a nice pattern, but I felt that it was a bit loose in the front. This may be because I put in velcro instead of buttons. I know that the girls always ask their mom to help them change doll clothes, and I didn't want her to have to button and unbutton, haha.

I also thought that the collar should come just a tiny bit more forward on the front of the coat.

I think if I made it again without buttons, I would take about a quarter of an inch off the front of the coat, and that should fix the issue.

Looseness isn't a bad thing on a coat, though, because it can fit over layers more easily.


I know that my cousins will love these coats and not even notice the minor fit issue, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disney Animator Sundress

 I made a quick sleeveless sundress for the Disney Animator dolls.  I used the pattern   Requiem Art Designs Disney Animator Toddler Basic D...