Friday, March 24, 2017

Pattern Review: Melody Valerie Bluebell Dress

I love Melody Valerie Couture patterns! They are imaginative and elegant, and I always feel like I learn something from them.



Melody Valerie Couture's Bluebell is a fairly complicated pattern, but it uses fewer pieces than you might think.



 Here are the pieces for the bodice.

The collar does have three pieces, which is pretty unusual.


This is the second time I have made this pattern. The first time, I made it in purple and pink.
You can read my blog post about it here.


I must say that it was much easier to make this pattern the second time around. I knew what I was doing and did not have to refer to the pattern instructions much. I hate reading pattern instructions.



I noticed that Melody Valerie's version of the dress on the pattern cover has the sleeves the same color as the dress, while both of my versions have the sleeves done in contrasting colors.
 *shrug* I have no regrets.

Like all Melody Valerie patterns, It is completely finished on the inside.



This dress says "spring" to me, and the dolls and I are completely ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...