Saturday, February 24, 2024

More Matching Dresses!

 I also made matching blue dresses for the little girl who has an 18 inch Madame Alexander doll and a Disney Animator Tiana.


These dresses are roughly inspired by Tiana's Evening Star dress.

The Disney Animator doll dress was made using a Requiem Art Designs pattern.

The 18 inch doll dress didn't really follow a pattern. I used the bodice from the Joan Hinds Sailor dress, because that was what I had out. Any basic doll dress bodice pattern would work.

I lined it in cotton for more stability.

I think I made the skirt about 40 inches wide by 8 inches long.

I bought a new spool of ribbon for the sasses on these dresses, and it was all used up. There is maybe enough left to make a matching headband.

I actually like the smaller blue dress better than the 18 inch one. The proportions look better. But it's all just meant to be fun to play with. I think I achieved that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...