Thursday, February 22, 2024

Pattern review: Keepers Dolly Duds Buttoned Belle

 I made the Keepers Dolly Duds Buttoned Belle pattern

I am giving this dress to Kit because I don't have Ruthie. I admit that it is more of a Ruthie dress because of the color scheme. Hey, it was free fabric. I will turn down free feedsack print fabric when I am dead.



This is another asymmetrical bodice. 

It is a very cute pattern with very cute details.

I think that I may have made one or two mistakes, because it just doesn't have that nice A-line look to it.

After a day, I thought, aha! I did not do the darts! But no, this pattern has no darts. It's the Side Tie Collar Dress that I forgot to do darts on. And that one looks great.

I was pleased with the green fabric that I found to coordinate. I just had a long skinny, scrap of it left from another project, and it was perfect. And it matches her compass necklace!

The pattern has two sleeve options. I went with the long sleeves. Kit lives in Ohio, she needs some long sleeved dresses for winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...