Monday, February 26, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds 1850s Jacket and Bonnet

 This is my first time making the pattern Keepers Dolly Duds 1850s jacket and bonnet.

It came out beautifully!


I used wool pants from the thrift store for the jacket and bonnet. This is the third jacket that I have gotten from the same pair of pants.

In this context, they were giving me real Jane Eyre vibes.

I decided to leave the ruching off the outside of the bonnet because of the Jane Eyre vibes.


What I wanted to make was a nice but plain jacket and bonnet that could be used with a variety of dresses.

I used snaps instead of making buttonholes. The nice thing was that if I had made a buttonhole and messed it up, I could have easily replaced the tab with the buttonhole on it instead of ruining the whole garment.

I am so happy that I have conquered this pattern! I won't hesitate to make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...