Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Tiana Blue Dress

 I made a rough version of Tiana's Evening Star blue dress for the Disney Animator dolls.

Mine is not as fancy as the American Girl version. I knew it would be different, but I thought that this is a good play dress version.

I used the Requiem art Designs Disney Animator Toddler Basic Dress pattern.

The pattern has different lengths for the bodice. I felt that either the natural waist or the dropped waist would work. I used the dropped waist because it's the 1920s and it would provide for room for the wide ribbon sash.

I made the skirt longer than the pattern- I think I cut it at 6.5 inches by 30 inches.

I even had the perfect blue satin in my stash! I just bought some glittery blue ribbon for the sash.

The satin is challenging to work with. I lined the dress with white cotton to provide stability, and did a zig zag stitch around the edges of the skirt before I started sewing with it.

Snow White is my model, because I bought her at the thrift store for modelling purposes.

The dress will be going to a little girl that I know who owns the Disney Animator Tiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...