Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Circle Swirl Dress

 I have completed the Keepers Dolly Duds Circle Swirl Dress pattern. 

I do feel like this dress is very similar to the Keepers Dolly Duds Fifties Flair pattern, with different decorative details. They are very pretty details, though.

I chose to use a ribbon as the decorative detail on the skirt instead of cutting out a strip of fabric. 

I had trouble getting the ribbon to lie flat in the swirl pattern. I don't think it would have been any easier if I had used fabric. I glued it down and then sewed it down. It's not 100% perfect, but I feel that it's the best I could do at the moment. Maybe I should have tried ironing it?

It was a very straightforward pattern, and I didn't have any trouble at all sewing it. 


If you are a beginner tackling a circular hem, like this skirt, the best method that I have found is to first stitch the edge with a zig zag stitch and then fold the edge over and sew it down. 

The dress on the cover of this pattern, with the yellow and black color scheme, reminds me of Charlie Brown. I knew I wanted to use a different color scheme. I like Charlie Brown, but it just didn't work for me to see a pretty dress with that color scheme. 

I used this green fabric because I have loads of it and the pattern piece for the skirt is huge. It is literally a circle, thus the name of the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...