Friday, January 19, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Balmoral Holiday Coat

 I was so scared to make the Keepers Dolly Duds Balmoral Holiday Coat!

It offered some great opportunities to totally mess up- the scallops in front of the coat, the button holes, the asymmetry.

Well, I eliminated one of those hazards right off the bat by putting in snaps instead of sewing real button holes.


The pattern was easy to follow and I didn't have any problem with the asymmetrical design.

And the scallops turned out better than any I have done before. My theory is that is because these scallops are somewhat larger than any that I have sewn before.

I love this coat and the cloche hat! They are so cute.

I am so pleased that I overcame my fears and tackled this pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...