Saturday, January 13, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Christmas Concert

 I made the pattern Keepers Dolly Duds Christmas Concert.

I think that this look is 1950s. The website just says mid-twentieth century, so that's about right.

This is not my favorite look. I don't know why. It's a perfectly fine historical dress pattern. It just doesn't appeal as much to my eyeballs.

I decided to make it a totally different color profile from the version on the cover of the pattern and see if I liked it anymore. Just because she named the pattern Christmas Concert doesn't mean that it can only be used for Christmas clothes.

So I made a pink blouse and a purple and white jumper. These are two separate clothing pieces.

And the verdict is... it's just still not my favorite look. 

But that's okay!  I made a new pattern, and that's a good experience to have.

I guess I could split them up and see if I like the jumper better with a  different blouse, or the blouse better with a skirt or something.

It was a straightforward pattern to sew, especially if you have made patterns by this designer before. Nothing really to discuss.

Well, the one thing is that I try not to use elastic in doll clothes, because it gives out. So to make the ruffle on the sleeves, I sewed a ribbon to the underside of the sleeve instead of elastic. I made sure that it fitted over the doll's hand. It worked just as well as elastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...