Saturday, January 27, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Bodice Details Dress

 I made the Keepers Dolly Duds Bodice Detail Dress.

I thought that the dress had a distinct 1940s look. I chose this poppy fabric because of the significance of poppies in memorializing WWI and WWII.

However, the pattern description says that it is a 1930s dress. I will also admit that the poppy fabric has kind of a 1930s flour sack look to it.

Soooo I am going to say that this dress could be for either the 1930s or the 1940s.

I really love the colors in this fabric. It just looks joyful to me. I think I would like to make a doll quilt from the fabric that I have left.

I found the pleats for this dress really challenging. Not only was it pleating, but the pattern piece for the skirt was curved. Pleating on a curve was tough. I think I made the pleats slightly too large, but they are uniform, so I don't care.

If I ever make this dress again, I may just do a gathered skirt, or used a pleated skirt pattern piece from a different pattern. This once, though, I wanted to do it the way the pattern was written. I am stubborn that way.


This pattern had three sleeve option, including long sleeves. I love that. I love doll clothes with long sleeves.

I usually automatically choose the long sleeve option if there is one. I chose shorter sleeves this time, because I was thinking of it as a dress for Nanea, and she lives in Hawaii. The fabric also looks like spring time to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...