Sunday, January 21, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Library Assistant

 I knew that I needed to make the Keepers Dolly Duds Library Assistant pattern.

That's because I am a librarian!

However, I was scared of the pleats.

I will say that KDD patterns do a great job of marking pleats on the pattern so that I understand how to fold the fabric. I followed the pattern directions and ironed the pleats in.

Then I left the fabric overnight under some heavy books. I have plenty of books in my house. I wanted those pleats to be set firmly.

Then I sewed the rest of the pattern with almost no problem.

The one blooper that I made was putting the sleeves in backwards. I swear I was paying attention to which way they were supposed to go. But I got it wrong anyway.

I am trying not to let it bug me, but it bugs me.

Anyway, I conquered the pattern! I am a librarian who can sew a Library Assistant dress now!


Although, as I commented to a colleague, I wish that we dressed this nicely.

This pattern says that it is a 1950s era pattern. However, it looks more 1930s to me.

There is an illustration for a dress in one of Kit's books that looks like this pattern, it just doesn't have pleats in the skirt.

So I guess this dress could work for any era from the 1930s to the 1950s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...