Thursday, January 25, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Train Station

 I made the Keepers Dolly Duds Train Station pattern! Another pattern with pleats!

This is four separate pieces. A green blouse, a floral pleated skirt, a jacket and a hat.

I used wool pants from the thrift store for the jacket and the hat.


As I've mentioned before, KDD patterns do a great job of clearly marking how to make the pleats. I was happy with how the pleats in the skirt turned out.

I was asked if the jacket is reversible. Yes, because I didn't add the decorative buttons yet, the jacket is technically reversible.

However, the fabric I used as the lining looks terrible when the jacket is turned inside out. I actually commented, "Ouch, my eyes!" when I did turn it inside out to illustrate. It makes her look like a used car salesman at Easter time.

Also, turning it inside out puts the itchy wool on the inside. No thanks. 

It could work if you used other fabrics, though.


You may recognize the floral fabric. I used it first to sew Keepers Dolly Duds Church Tea, and decided to use it again for this pattern because it holds pleats so nicely. Also, I think it has a nice vintage look. It may be vintage, I got it secondhand somewhere.

The drawback, I think, is that the fabric is so busy that it makes it harder to see the pleats in pictures.

I think this outfit has a lot of mix and match potential. That's why I used the nice wool fabric to make the jacket and hat. I maybe regret the fabric I used as lining after turning it inside out, though. Haha.

1 comment:

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...