Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

 Happy New Year!

I hope that we all have a great one!

This new dress for Julie would work as a New Year's dress, right? She lives in California, where it's WARM.

I made the Keepers Dolly Duds Sweet 70s dress. 

I used an upcycled blouse from the clothes by the pound thrift store. I bought it because I really liked the print. However, when I got it home, it was very contoured and there weren't a lot of big pieces of fabric on it. I thought that I might need to use it for clothes for a smaller doll, instead of an American Girl doll.

When I was looking at this pattern, though, the skirt was in SIX pieces. So I didn't need big pieces of fabric. The blouse worked just fine.

The things about this pattern is that the skirt is not gathered. The hemline of the blouse and the skirt need to be the same size for this pattern to work.

I did not have any problem with this, but if you are a beginner sewer and you aren't very exact yet, you might want to wait on making this.

The pattern has two different collars and sleeves, so you can get different looks out of it.

I think it's a very pretty dress, and I like it better than I like most 70s looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...