Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Pattern Review: McCall's M7717

 I have two little cousins who really love their 21 inch Adora Baby dolls, who are named Jamie and Lucy.

I knew that one day I would be called upon to sew for Jamie and Lucy, so I bought patterns when they were on sale at Joann. The dolls wear newborn sized clothes.

The doll in the picture is not Jamie or Lucy. She is my 1987 Berjusa baby doll, Katie. She's my beloved childhood baby doll who also wears newborn size clothes.

I sewed this dress using McCall's M7177. I used the newborn size.



I am not totally happy with the fit of the dress. The dress's length is nice. The width seems very wide to me.

I also had to ruffle the neck of the dress in order to get it to fit the neck binding piece. I am not sure that I am supposed to do that.

The dress is very cute and will make the girls very happy.

I made matching baby bonnets and diaper covers. The bonnet comes from Simplicity pattern 1600.

They are all set to dress up to their heart's content.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Caroler's Coat

 Ladies and gentlemen, I did it! I finished the 47th Keepers Dolly Duds digital pattern. This one is the  Keepers Dolly Duds Victorian Carol...