Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Pattern Review: Dolls at Heart Vera's 1920s Dress

 I made the Dolls at Heart Vera's 1920s Drooped Waist Dress, available on etsy.

I had first bought the cloche hat on ebay, and then I made the pink and green dress to match the hat.

I used fabric that I had on hand, which is why the green fabric is not an exact match to the green on the cloche.

I ended up not liking the pink fabric that I used at all. It was second hand from someone else's project. It looked like they were making a giant pillow case maybe? I don't know.  It was slippery and a bit sheer and it did not feel high quality at all. 

When I dislike the fabric that I used for a sewing project, it ends up affecting how much I like that particular project. Am I the only one with this idiosyncrasy? It's a perfectly cute dress, but that pink fabric... Ugh.

I did not pleat the skirt. I had trouble understand the way the pleating was marked on the pattern piece. I couldn't access the pattern instructions because of laptop problems.

I put velcro on the cuffs instead of snaps in order to finish the project sooner. 

It's a very nice pattern. It reminds me of some of the Keepers Dolly Duds patterns. I will no doubt be using it again. Maybe next time, I will make the pleats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...