Sunday, May 17, 2015

Play Date

Today I had a grown-up play date with Mcooper from American Girl Collectors.

You can visit her blog, Up To My Eyeballs in Dolls.

She brought her dolls Charlie and Grace.



Grace is an Extra Special doll, dolls which were specially designed to lovingly represent people with Down Syndrome. You can visit their website here: Extra Special Dolls.

I brought Samantha Parkington and River Song.



I had been wanting to take pictures of Samantha in her sailor dress for a while now. And Mcooper has offered to teach me how to restring her! Yay! There is no denying she is very, very wobbly.


Grace and River were so pleased to meet another doll with wild, curly red hair. They immediately took a selfie.


We wandered around the park, carrying dolls with us. Trees were climbed:



And so were fences.


A good time was had by all.



And then we all went home and took a well-deserved nap.

Yay for doll friends!





2 comments:

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the  Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern  and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig....