This dress is the second dress I made from the Farmcookies Doo Wop Days pattern.
I was not as pleased with this one, but it is partly my fault.
Okay, in the first place, I think I should have made a more narrow ribbon for the bodice decoration.
Rather than buying ribbon, I cut fabric, sewed it in a tube, turned it inside out, and ironed it.
My calculations were slightly off, it turned out wider than I intended, and I used it anyway.
Since I wasn't using ribbon, I did not make a bow, but that was intentional.
The neckline of the dress is curvy, and that is made by sewing the front fabric of the dress to a lining and turning it inside out.
I almost always have trouble with this coming out right when I made doll clothes, and this was sadly no exception.
However, that turned out to make almost no difference, because the neckline is so close to the doll's neck that it is barely visible in any case.
Still, I think it's not a bad dress at all. It's just one of those things where it frustrates me by not coming out exactly as I wanted it to.
Here are the first three dresses that I made with this fabric. They are all cute and unique!
I bought Ruby Red Siblies doll Sydney. I have been looking at the Ruby Red Fashion dolls for a while now, but they are so expensive! At ha...
This is another post using the photos from Nicolel at American Girl Playthings. She is so kind! She made these great side-by-side c...
I love sewing for Kit! There are so many reproduction 1930s fabric out there, and they are all so cute. The fashions tend to use a minimum ...
Hearts for Hearts is releasing a new doll, and she is amazing! Her name is Aya, and she is a Syrian refugee. You can read about her here ...