Thursday, February 4, 2021

Samantha's Nightgown

 I always loved Samantha's nightgown. I was not able to buy it until I reached adulthood, but even now, it's very soothing to me to put it on her.

This is not the official American Girl Samantha's nightgown.


This is actually a version of Samantha's nightgown that I made myself.

I used the official Pleasant Company pattern.

The lace is different- I just used what I had in the house.

The ends of the sleeves are different too. I put in a sleeve band instead of using elastic.

However, I am really proud of this. I think it looks like Samantha's nightgown at first glance, even in person. You don't notice the differences unless you are looking for them.

This is going to be a gift for my little cousin, and I hope it makes her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday Rapunzel Dresses

 Today is my friend's birthday. One of her favorite dolls is her Disney Animators Rapunzel. I used a  Requiem Art Designs pattern  to ma...