Wednesday, October 20, 2021

My MCM Dolls 2021

 I don't know what is more fun- the MCM experience or the dolls.

Okay, it's the dolls. The usual MCM sale is usually a hot mess, but we love it anyway.

Here are the dolls that I got at the sale this year.

First, the CYOs. They all have the Jess face mold. I am partial, what can I say?

This is Nadia. She's a Jess mold with medium skin, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
She has earrings.
Her box said "eye shadow" on it. Her eyelids are a shade darker than her face, and she dos look like she has eyeshadow on! It's cute. I find it endearing.


Here is a comparison picture of Nadia and Danielle, a CYO I designed myself. I left Danielle's glasses off so you could see her face better.
Danielle has darker skin and hair, as well as freckles. Nadia has looser curls, although they have the same wig in different colors.
Danielle's face seems fuller.

They are very similar, but they do feel like very different dolls.

This is Fern. She lives on a farm and loves animals. Her character is Charlotte's Web inspired, and also a bit of Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird.
Fern has medium skin, freckles, grey eyes and brown hair in a short bob. Fern does not have earrings.

This is Steffi. She's a California girl who is friends with Joss.
Steffi has dark skin, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. She also has earrings.
When I bought her, I thought from the picture that she had the new eyes and that they were crooked.
I have never been to happy to be wrong. She has great eyes!

Here are Fern and Steffi together.

Here's Jessenia! She's a JLY 85.

And here is the #62 who is going to live with a friend. She has the new eyes, but that's okay because she is going to get eye swapped.

Only one doll out of the group had the new eyes! I was very lucky.
I am very happy with all of the dolls I got!


You can read about my sale experience here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...