Monday, October 2, 2023

Thrift Store Find: Samantha's Ice Cream Parlor

 I went to the thrift store on Saturday, and I found an amazing haul!

They had the back wall of Samantha's Ice Cream Parlor.

It was marked as $12, but it had been there for thee weeks, and no one bought it, so it was marked down to $6.

$6 for this amazing piece, made of wood, with the gorgeous mirror and fake marbling!

It's my first Big Ticket Item, and it was definitely not something that I was looking for or that I had dreamed of owning.

It is amazing, though, and I am so happy to have it!

The thrift store did not have any other pieces from the set, as far as I could tell. I went around the store three times, looking for any of the pieces.


One drawback is that it is hard to take pictures of it without getting in the shot myself, due to the mirror.

I have been joking that this wouldn't be a problem if I was a vampire.


I didn't have much luck getting Samantha and Nellie to look the same way for a picture, either. 

What do you think, is it my best thrift store find yet? It might well be!

I know that finding any of the original pieces that belong to this set will probably be pricey, so that is not high on my list.

I may get the retro Our Generation milkshake maker to go with it for now, since the price is right.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...