Thursday, January 11, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Regency Pinafore

 I have been wanting to sew for Caroline, so I was happy to make the pattern Keepers Dolly Duds Regency Pinafore.

This pattern has two pieces: the white underdress and the red pinafore.

I guess I made an error on the pinafore, because I wasn't able to read the pattern instruction on my laptop. It looks like there are two versions of the pinafore: one that closes in the front and has a gap in the pinafore skirt in the front, and a pinafore version that closes in the back that does not have the front gap.

I made one that closes in the front, but doesn't have that gap. Whoops.

It doesn't look wrong to me- but maybe it is


Anyway, since this is two separate pieces, I can always make another pinafore. The dress under the pinafore is fine. I can make the pinafore in different colors too, for different looks!

I should also point out that I have an older version of the pattern, that Keepers Dolly Duds sold on etsy. There is now an updated version of the pattern on Pixie Faire, but I don't think I am eligible to get that updated pattern since I bought on etsy. 

Ho hum. 

What do you think of my version of the pinafore? Is it a big mistake or an acceptable variation? I do not know that much about this era in fashion history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...