Sunday, January 7, 2024

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Beth pattern

 I have made the Keepers Dolly Duds Beth pattern.

This is one of four Civil War Era patterns by this designer that are named after the sisters in Little Women.

It's kind of fun for me to be making a pattern named Beth- because that's my name!

Ironically, I guess, it is the last of the four Little Women themed patterns that I have completed.

My version of Jo's Writing Dress

My version of Meg's Ball Gown

My version of Amy's School Jumper

This is a very pretty pattern. No complaints about my namesake!

It does need buttons down the front still. 

It has a lot of pretty details, including tucks on the skirt.

I saw a post on Instagram that historical people wore more brown than we give them credit for in our AG collections. So I'm like, okay, here's a brown dress!

I found both fabrics at a thrift store. I think that they go well together, and that the tiny print is perfect for dolls clothes.

This fabric would also work for a 1970s outfit, I think. The 1970s were very brown.

I'm really happy with this outfit, and it also nudged me into changing Addy out of her Christmas dress.

It would be fun to make all four Little Women dresses in coordinating fabric. That would be a project for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby Red Fashion Friends Frieda

 I was surprised by how much I loved Ruby Red Fashion Friend Stella, but I have had my eye on Frieda for a long time! I love her coloring an...