Friday, May 26, 2017

Pattern Review: Thimbles and Acorns Charlotte Dress

I made a new dress for Laura! This is the dress from the Thimbles and Acorns 18 Inch Cloth Doll Pattern.



This pattern has lots of items that you can make! You can make a 18 inch Charlotte rag doll, a mini Charlotte doll, dresses for both, and a tote bag.


So far, I only made the dress. It is so easy to make! As you can see in the picture above, the dress only has three pieces.


This is a great dress for a beginner to make. Even for more experiences seamstresses, it is fun to have a project that goes together so quickly!


 Since the dress fits both the 18 inch Charlotte rag doll and American Girl dolls, I expected the fit to be loose. I was wrong! The bodice fits perfectly and looks very elegant.


I do think that the sleeves could be just a bit longer in order to reach the wrists, though.


 Laura looks perfectly beautiful in the dress.


One day I will make her a mini Charlotte rag doll from this pattern as well.

Did you know, though, that Charlotte was not the name of Laura's doll in real life?

Her real doll was called Roxy. The doll's name was changed in the books.

For more facts like these, I recommend Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll

 I finally finished Keepers Dolly Duds Sunday Stroll! I had a spot of trouble with this one. I had almost finished it, when I had some troub...