Sunday, May 13, 2018

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Prairie Ruffles

All of a sudden, I am on a roll with sewing doll clothes.

Here is Laura Ingalls wearing Keepers Dolly Duds Prairie Ruffles pattern.

This pattern was intended for Kirsten, so it may not be totally accurate for Laura.
Kirsten lived 30 years before Laura.

And I don't know if Laura would have had any short sleeved dresses. Long sleeves in summer would protect her arms from sunburn and from scratched working in the garden.

I decided that I didn't really care, Laura should have this dress anyway.

I actually dreamed about making this pattern, so I decided I had to make it for real.


It's a lovely spring dress, just so pretty. I like the colors I used.


I used real buttons on the back of the apron. The dress just has velcro.


This pattern was much easier to make than I expected. Maybe I am just getting better at sewing?
But it was easy and fast and it makes my heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape

 I made the  Keepers Dolly Duds Double Cape. Mine is blue, like the one on the pattern cover. I like blue. This pattern has three pieces: th...