Friday, January 14, 2022

Belle's Chair

 I made this chair a year ago, but I don't seem to have put it on the blog, and I keep telling people about it.

So clearly, I need to post it!


To make this chair, I measured her bottom and made a square slightly larger than her bum. 

In hindsight, I wish I had made it a bit wider. It would just look comfier, I think..


The height of the chair was taken from the length of her knee to her foot. It looks taller than it should be, but that's just the proportions of the doll.

The height of the back of the chair was the length of her rear end to her head.

A quilting ruler made all these calculations easier!

I cut out two pieces of cardboard for each piece and glued them together for strength.

Then I covered each piece in quilt batting and fabric. 

Some of the fabric pieces were sewn together to make it look neater than gluing, like the back of the chair and the armrests.

I glued everything together, and voila, a chair!

I picked out this fabric for Belle. I wanted red roses in a small scale.

I think this is actually meant to be peonies, but it looks close enough to me!

This doll does not have knees, so I made her a footstool so she can be comfy.

I put her on the chair and measured how far her feet are off the ground.

So the chair is  totally custom to her size!

I want to make a sofa for fashioned size dolls so I can display more than one at a time.

An American Girl doll sofa would be nice too, but there we run into storage issues, and it might need something stronger than hot glue to hold it together.

Maybe something that slots together and can come apart? I will think about this. I also want it to LOOK GOOD, so that might not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern Review: Keepers Dolly Duds Pretty Pilgrim

 I posted about sewing the  Keepers Dolly Duds Pilgrim Boy pattern  and turning it into a folk costume from the German city of Braunschweig....